Friday, December 21, 2012

BLK XMAS.



BLACK ON BLACK:


DINING TABLE:



HOLIDAY CARDS:


With just a few days away from Christmas I decided to make a quick blog post show and telling the holiday decor in our apartment. This holiday season our theme was "black on black". We went back and forth between white and silver or gold but ended up with black and hints of silver/pewter. I love our green table (that Victor painted himself a couple years back) with all the silver decor and frames on it. My favorite piece that's on that table is the white frame with our American flag kissing photograph. We bought small ornaments from Wal-Mart (as well as our black Christmas tree) and filled up a jar with them, this is a simple way to add great holiday detail to your home, and can change the ornaments every year depending on your color scheme. This especially looks great with large vases. 

Our gifts are all wrapped with black wrapping paper and black/pewter ribbon from Paper Source. Of course Victor did most of the wrapping. The gifts that I wrapped are not as crisp and structured as the ones he wrapped. His penmanship alone gives the gifts a fancier feel. Victor was inspired by a celebrity's choice of gift wrap (black on black) for our holiday gift wrap. 

The dining table was put together by Victor; he chose the plates, star ornaments, and small silver tree center piece. I love that it is elegant yet simple, I think that is the whole feel of our holiday decor this holiday season. We have pieces that look elegant yet are still simple and versatile. 

We've received many Christmas cards these past few weeks and it is so very exciting! I've never really experienced this before I mean when I lived with my parents we'd only receive maybe 2 or 3 and one was usually from our dentist! It feels so good to know that our friends/family took the time to send out a card and write a sweet note inside. It also feels surreal and amazing to read "Jose and Victor Go..." on the envelope! Just a reminder that this is actually real life, this is MY life now.


 I hope everyone is as excited as I am for Christmas, and has
had a wonderful holiday season:

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment